Guided tours crafted for travelers who love exploring, enjoy walking, and adore experiencing the local way. Visit the secret spots of Santorini away from the hustle and bustle, walking through ancient paths and picturesque cobblestone alleys. Marvel at the famous caldera, explore whitewashed villages forgotten by time, and take in the amazing scenery in a responsible and eco- friendly way. Join us, and get ready for an experience of outstanding and natural beauty!
1. The Caldera Hike
Enjoy a guided walking tour on Santorini's most impressive path, right on the rim of the famous volcanic caldera. Follow the footsteps of ancient merchants, farmers and sailors, and experience a once in a lifetime adventure. This path takes you along the edge of the super volcano that inspired the myth of Atlantis.
Your local guide will take you through traditional whitewashed settlements, at the only inhabited caldera in the world. Marvel at the azure sea and the breathtaking landscape, while learning about the rich myths and history of Santorini. Starting from Fira and ending in Oia, you will enjoy extraordinary views, visit unique places of interest and capture exceptional photographic moments.
Immerse yourselves into the island life and enjoy the bright sky, the endless horizon, and the true wonder of nature that is Santorini.
Package includes, Complimentary transfers, English-speaking, experienced local walking guide, 'Meze' style lunch at an authentic Greek restaurant.
- - Expert guidance through the settlements of Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli and the outskirts of Oia
- - Explore gorgeous scenery and secret spots
- - Discover blue-domed churches, and learn about local customs and myths
- - Stroll through cobblestone paths, marvel at vineyards, and discover timeless terraced gardens
- - Walk through quaint villages where minimalist villas cling to the stunning cliffside
- - Capture picture perfect panoramas
- Duration/Length: Approximately 4 1⁄2 hours / 10 km or 6 miles
- Level of difficulty: Moderate to difficult, including a lot of steps and rugged terrain
- Starts at 9:00 am or earlier if requested
2. Santorini Wanderlust
Experience the absolute splendor of Santorini while strolling through some of the most scenic and quiet villages of the island. Walk from Pyrgos to Megalohori alongside beautiful mansions, explore quaint rural houses and discover the charm of Santorini's abandoned neighborhoods. With this tour, you will also get to visit a family owned winery to taste award winning local volcanic wines. A visit to Symposion by Laponta can be arranged as an alternative for guests who are not drinking wine and/or families.
Your local guide will take you to the countryside where you will get to mingle with locals still living there, and learn about professions and crafts that no longer exist. Discover cave houses and capture the essence of Santorini as it used to be, before being wrecked by a massive earthquake. Enjoy a trip back in time, and let the aura of Santorini's authentic villages enhance your senses.
Package includes,Complimentary transfers,English-speaking experienced local walking guide, Wine tasting session of award winning locally produced wines at Gavalas or a mystical music show at Symposion by LaPonta
- - Embark on a scenic tour of the countryside
- - Stroll cobblestone paths, climb on ancient old steps and experience the rural life
- - Learn about the history of amazing villages, forgotten by time
- - Capture unique photographic moments of picturesque ruins and awe-inspiring views
- - Wine tasting session of unique Santorini wines with snacks or a mystical music show
- - Expert guidance through the settlements of Pyrgos and Megalohori
- Duration/Length: Approximately 4 hours / 4 km or 2.5 miles
- Level of difficulty: Easy - Moderate
- Tour Starts at 9:00 am
3. Oia's Hidden Treasures
Join us for a scenic tour of Oia's secret spots, and the beauty of the surrounding villages. Discover the famous blue domed whitewashed churches, walk through a neighboring picturesque village sculpted into the banks of a ravine, and tour a wine estate while enjoying a wine tasting session of high quality volcanic wines.
Your local guide will take you on a journey back in time, through a winding path with stunning panoramic views of Santorini and the deep blue horizon. Follow the footsteps of the affluent merchants of the island, feel the energy of the volcanic caldera, and explore the backroads of Oia. Discover and experience breathtaking villages through the eyes of a local.
This walking tour will give you the opportunity to enjoy amazing views, learn about Santorini's rich history, and visit some of the wonderful little known spots of the greater Oia area.
Package includes: Complimentary transfers,English-speaking experienced local walking guide Wine tasting session of unique locally produced wines An assortment of local delicacies
- - Explore gorgeous scenery and discover the hidden treasures of Oia
- - Take in panoramic views of outstanding natural beauty
- - Stroll through scenic paths, marvel at vineyards and discover timeless terraced gardens
- - See the secret spots of Oia and capture postcard perfect pictures
- - Visit a traditional winery and taste its award winning wines
- - Expert guidance through the settlements of Oia and Finikia
- Duration/Length: Approximately 4 hours / 5 km or 3 miles
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Starts at 9:00 am
4. Mini Caldera Hike
Santorini ranks as one of the most photogenic places on earth and a trip here is not complete without snapping a picture of its famous sights. Fira, Firostefani, and Imerovigli offer a lot of the must-see views and we will walk past all of them. Are blue domes, infinite vistas, turquoise sea and endless bright skies your cup of tea? Join us and we will make sure you see and photograph it all.
Not only will we get to show you some of the most famous landmarks, but we will also make sure you enjoy them from a different angle. Join us in the search for some of the best as well as the hidden gems, while also exploring back roads and getting to know the local ways. Together we will be going off the beaten path to explore some secret spots and snap photographs that will be the envy of all. The route will give you unforgettable images along a remarkable and breathtaking route on the edge of the Santorini caldera.
At the end of the tour, you will have some memorable photographs from your trip and all the secrets of our wonderful island.
Package includes,Complimentary transfers,English-speaking experienced local walking guide,A refreshment or coffee
- - Expert guidance through the settlements of Fira, Firostefani and Imerovigli
- - Take in panoramic views of some of the most famous spots of the island
- - Explore back roads and hidden corners
- - Capture postcard perfect pictures
- Duration/Length: Approximately 3 hours / 4 km or 2 1/2 miles Cost: see relevant file
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Tour specifics: Starts at 9:00 am or earlier